COVID-19 Updates and New Office Protocols
To our patient family,
The great news we’ve been waiting for has arrived! Orthodontic offices have been deemed safe by following OSHA, CDC, ADA, and AAO recommendations to resume business in our area. Our office will begin seeing patients on Monday, May 11th. We are so excited to see your smiling faces! If your appointment had to be canceled due to the temporary closure, lookout for a call and we will get you rescheduled. Please note that we have 7 to 9 weeks of patients to reschedule. Consequently, preference for adjustment appointment scheduling will be based on patients we have not seen for the longest period of time. We will gradually increase hours and patient days as we work to achieve a “new normal” schedule.
There are a few temporary, additional safety measures and protocols that we will be implementing to further protect our patients and our team.
1. We kindly request that you reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any type of fever/coughing/illness, or if you have had known contact with a COVID+ individual within the last three weeks.
2. When arriving for your appointment, please stay in your vehicle and call the front desk for further instruction at (318) 388-2220.
3. Be prepared for a pre-screening questionnaire, waiver and temperature check prior to being seen.
4. Only patients will be allowed in our office during this time. This is to keep the total number of guests in our office as low as possible.
5. Please brush your teeth before your appointment as our brushing station will be closed.
6. Access to our restroom will be limited during this time, so please use the restroom prior to your appointment.
7. Our team will be wearing facial shields, masks, gloves, gowns and eye protection to ensure maximum protection for both our patients and themselves.
Please visit our Facebook page (Louisiana Orthodontic Specialist) for additional information and more details regarding our office protocols during this time.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding regarding these temporary protective measures we will be taking. Giving you the empowering smile you deserve while keeping you safe is always our top priority and concern! We can’t wait to see you very soon!
Dr. Dan Martisius and Team
Louisiana Orthodontics Specialists
5000 Forsythe Bypass, Suite 116
Monroe, LA 71201